Spring has finally made it to Southeastern Massachusetts and its time for RV owners everywhere to begin getting their RVs ready for some awesome summer fun. After a long fall and winter in the secure outdoor RV storage at Affordable Storage Fall River, it’s time to dust off the old Winnebago and head out on the highway. But before you can get out there and enjoy the long-awaited sunshine, there are some things that need to be done before you can drive off from the self-storage facility and off into the sunset.
Checklist – Part One
Before you do anything you should visit your RV storage in Fall River to do a complete check of your vehicle before you plan any trips. You will want to make sure that everything is in good working order so you don’t end up breaking down in the middle of your vacation. After several months in storage the fluid levels, air pressure and battery can all go down, so it is important to check it all so there won’t be any surprises later.
Make sure to check the following:
- Remove any tarps or RV coverings and check the exterior of the vehicle for any damage that could have occurred over the winter.
- Check the interior of the vehicle carefully as well to make sure nothing went wrong while it was in the self-storage facility.
- Check all of the RV’s fluid levels to make sure that everything is where it should be.
- Clean all of the battery terminals and reinstall the charged battery that you should have removed before putting it into storage.
- Check the tire pressure and add air if needed.
- Test all of the lights and brakes to make sure everything is working properly, replacing any bulbs that may have burned out.
- Perform any annual maintenance and complete any repairs that you noticed during your initial inspection of the vehicle.
- Wash the exterior of the vehicle, taking care to clean all windows and mirrors.
Checklist – Part Two
The next phase of your preparation will have more to do with the inside of the RV and all of the things that are needed in order for you and your family to have a safe and happy trip. If you have ever rented a summer cabin, you know that dust and dirt seem to somehow accumulate even when the place has been closed up all fall and winter. It’s the same thing with an RV. Even though it has been sitting in secure outdoor RV storage at Affordable Storage Fall River, dust has a way of making it inside. It’s time for a good old-fashioned scrub down of your RV!
Make sure to check and clean the following:
- Drain and flush out all of the holding tanks and freshwater tanks. Sanitize them with a bleach and water solution before filling them again.
- Drain and flush the water heater according to the manufacturer’s directions and make sure you fill it back up again before lighting the burner.
- Switch on the LP tank and test out the stove burners. This allows any trapped air to run out of the gas lines.
- Turn on the gas for the furnace, water heater and refrigerator at this time.
- Check and replace the air filter.
- Check the safety tools – fire extinguisher, smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector – to make sure that they are in proper working order. Replace batteries whether you think they need it or not.
- Wipe down all surfaces, dust and vacuum. Take care to clean the bathroom and kitchen areas, disinfecting prior to use.
Store Your RV at Affordable Storage Fall River
If you are looking for secure outdoor RV storage in the Southeastern Massachusetts area, check out Affordable Storage Fall River. Affordable Storage is the number one RV storage in Fall River, also offering a wide variety of individual storage units, car storage, recreational vehicle storage and boat storage at this local self-storage facility. 24/7 onsite management, video surveillance, automatic gated entrance, keypad entry – everything you could ever want in a secure outdoor RV storage right here in Fall River. Give us a call at 508-675-1177 to find out more about our storage opportunities or to reserve a Penske rental truck for your next move!